Pages

Popular Posts

Friday, August 24, 2012

Hi!

Hi there!

As this is a new blog I have set up, I am going to tell  you what I have been doing lately.
I have been doing two blankets at a time. One of them is a baby blanket, or rather the beginnings of one, and another is for my mum and dad. I am also making a cushion cover, but have only made half so far.
If you look at the top of my blog, you'll be able to see the picture behind the heading. There is a strip of little granny squares with flowers in the middle. That is all that I have done so far of the baby blanket.
I found the pretty design on My Rose Valley, a lovely blog.
Here is the pattern:
Chain 4, and join into a foundation ring with a slip stitch. Form a treble into the ring, and then do one chain. Carry on trebling and chaining until you have eight trebles, then cast off.
Cast on a new colour into one of the gaps between the trebles. Then, form a cluster. Carry on eight times around your circle.
Once again, change colour, and start among your clusters. Act like you are doing a granny square, with one normal block between each set of corners.
How To form a Cluster:
Yarn over, and go into stitch, then yarn over again. Pull through stitch, and yarn over. Pull through the top to stitches. Yarn over again, and go into stitch. As before, yarn over and pull through stitch. Carry on doing the same once more. You should now have 4 stitches on your hook. Yarn over, and pull through the 4 stitches. 

I hope this works for you as it does for me, and that my instructions are clear enough.

As a beginner, for I only started crochet back in early July, I would love to be sent any tips, patterns or other crochet stuff any of you know of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for your lovely messages.